Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Hospital Trip

Hello all!

Just a quick update on a hectic day yesterday. At 2 a.m. I woke up with pains in my lower abdomen. After being up for 2 hours with the pain, I did what any reasonable pregnant person would do, I took a Tylenol PM (approved by the doc) and went back to bed. :-) I woke up with the same pains, and did not think anything of it. I thought it was stomach pain. The pain did not feel like a normal contraction. It would start in my lower abdomen and then shoot up my back. In a million years, I would not have guessed that is what back labor would feel like.

After being up for an hour, I called the doc as the pains seemed to be coming at consistent intervals (20-25 minutes apart). The suggested I come in. It turns out they were contractions. Because they were not increasing in speed, they sent me home after about 4-5 hours of observation.

This morning, they seem to have subsided. I am on bed rest today, and to return to "light" activity through the weekend.

So, a scray day, but the nurse said it was best I came in. And this way I know when these types of pains start again, to start counting the minutes between immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment